Senior Buyer will be the point person on executing against key procurement strategic and sourcing initiatives; and will require hands-on proactive support to ensure partnership success while working closely with internal teams to represent procurement and successfully deploy significant procurement and sourcing initiatives
As a member of the Sourcing and Procurement team, this position is responsible for evaluating processes and systems, improving and refining processes, developing training documentation to ensure successful deployment of strategic systems/initiatives, monitoring performance of new procurement, supply chain, and logistics technologies, and partnering with functional and key stakeholders within AECOM Management Services and other Groups.
- Assist in the completion of complex supply chain assignments.
- Participate and implement Corporate-based projects/initiatives
- Support the purchasing function by performing sourcing and market research activities.
- Serve as the department POC for the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits; assist in responding to work orders and directing requests in a timely manner on compliance questions & issues.
- Lead complex special projects, research initiatives of critical and strategic importance to the business. Acquire concurrence from functional team through collaboration.
- Lead formal negotiations with Suppliers
- Administer and maintain SharePoint sites.
- Develop compliance metrics and benchmarks. Prepare weekly management report to include metric/KPI reporting.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Administers all purchase orders including: monitoring performance, prices, and certifications; exercising of options, conducting market and price analysis and negotiating prices; maintaining purchase order files; issuing modifications as necessary; assisting management in resolving supplier problems; and resolving invoicing issues with Finance and Accounting.
- Maintain working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARS)
- Perform contractual releases on strategic agreements
- Participate in various corporate and business level meetings
- Manage the administration of Amazon Business: expand the initiative to other businesses and respond to all questions.
- Support the purchasing function: Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with the cost, quality, and delivery requirements and communicate any supply problems which may impact program business operations.
- Comply with governmental law, Company and divisional procurement policies and procedures.
- Support Proposal Efforts by obtaining Competitive Pricing, Identifying Potential Team Members, and Preparing Proposal Write-ups.
- Train new Buyers on the filing & storage of compliant files on SharePoint
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Business, Management or in a technical discipline, or 5 years of related experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in the field of Contracts and Procurement.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS).
- Must be familiar with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR) and DCAA audits.
- Must possess an in-depth working knowledge of the accounting functions.
- Must be computer literate and possess knowledge of computer-based tools to include database maintenance, personal computer operations, word-processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; working knowledge with word-processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required.
- Must be able to possibly obtain and maintain a Security clearance
- Cost Point knowledge a plus
- US Citizenship required for access to building
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve peoples lives.
AECOM is an EEO/AA Employer.
We are AECOM. Built to deliver a better world.
Role: Senior Buyer
Apply for this job now.