If petting puppies makes you happy and finding forever homes for fur babies is your passion, this is the job for you!
Job Overview: Under the Supervision of the Store Manager, the Sales Associate’s primary job function is selling store merchandise and performing related tasks and duties in support of sales and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment
· Meet associate performance expectations and goals for the store
· Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. from ground level to customer’s car or store shelves
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
· Ability to move throughout the store unassisted to perform tasks in any part of the store
· Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
· Assist in processing merchandise
· Adhere to all policy and procedures
· Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
· Possess clear verbal communication and listening skills
· Able to work as scheduled
· Cleaning of livestock habitats
· Enjoy working with the public
· Be confident and assertive
Education and/or Experience
· Previous retail or customer service experience preferred
· Working knowledge of POS system preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands
In the course of employment you may be given access to business information, customer and/or personnel information, and other company policies, which Pet Supermarket regards confidential and request you maintain such information confidential. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain open communication with customers, fellow employees, and upper management. Access, input, and retrieve information from the POS system. Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job such as lifting up to 50lbs, stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, squatting, and reach over your head.
Pet Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pet Supermarket has it all for your furry friends. We welcome customers to share their shopping experience with their pets. We sell more than 8,000 pet care products and services on our website and in over 180 stores located in a dozen states. We specialize in pet food, toys, medicine and clothing, and also offer pet grooming in some locations. In addition, Pet Supermarket works with area organizations to host adoptions and related events for animal welfare. Pet Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Retail Sales Associate -224
Apply for this job now.