Tax Manager Job Overview:
Responsible for the preparation and review of tax reporting for IFRS and US GAAP financial statements in a hands-on capacity and the overall company's tax compliance. The Tax Manager will oversee the tax planning and accounting for income. The Tax Manager will work with internal accounting employees at all domestic locations, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
- The Tax Manager controls the oversight of completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support by third party service providers.
- Responsible for oversight of the tax returns for the Company's international locations and projects.
- Reports to the Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, who works closely with the incumbent in this position to establish and achieve annual corporate goals for the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for franchise and property tax functions and oversight of sales and use tax.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International locations and preparation of tax provision and related documentation.
- Coordinates accounting for income taxes for international locations with third party vendors.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of US federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns and related work paper and statements in a hands-on capacity. Includes calculation and review of estimated taxes and annual extensions. Analyzes and documents tax return filing positions and analysis, including section 199 calculations (Domestic Production Activities Deduction) and LIFO and UNICAP adjustments, and coordinates tax provision and tax compliance reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master's Degree in Business Taxation preferred. JD and/or CPA preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience required within public accounting or industry. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Discretion and trustworthiness, and the ability to keep all Company information and materials strictly confidential (both internally and externally) are essential elements of this position.
- Must be well organized, diligent, and be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to independently identify work to be done.
- Must be flexible, and have the ability to adjust to sudden changes in work priorities. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must also have the ability to prioritize work generally and in order to accommodate those changes.
This position is one where the ideal candidate for this role will be able to build their team for this department. Most of the duties will be handled manually until the company incorporates a software system.
If you feel you are the right fit for this role, please submit your resume for consideration.
A company where manufacturing and security meet
Role: Sr. Tax Manager
Location: League City,
Apply for this job now.