About Jumeirah & the Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we'll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah 'Your Place to Shine'.
Steps from Sloane Square and in the heart of the fashion borough, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, has an ideal location in one of the most sought after areas of London, with iconic luxury brands as its neighbours. Staying true to its heritage and pioneering nature, The Carlton Tower will reveal its new look and elevated guest experiences in spring 2020.
Pastry Sous Chef
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah has an exciting opportunity for a talented Pastry Sous Chef to perform their craft in our luxurious hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- To be responsible under the supervision of the Head Pastry Chef and in their absence, for the production, control, and issue of all Food items in the Pastry kitchen
- Instruct and demonstrate all new dishes to colleagues.
- To check all fridges, mise en place at each station at beginning and end of each shift/service including quality of stocks, etc. and report to the Executive Sous Chef.
- To check all fridges and storage areas to make sure previous day''s leftovers are being used in the correct way.
- To assist the Head Pastry Chef in writing standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost.
- To assist the Head Pastry Chef in minimizing payroll costs by maximising productivity and efficient scheduling of employees
- To monitor all kitchen operation costs and take corrective action where necessary to reduce expenses in liaison with Executive Chef.
- To support the other Chefs in their day-to-day tasks.
- To assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, buffets and 'specials' which meet the needs of the customers.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have a passion for your work and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within luxury environments
- Have& the ability to operate in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Dental cover
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
See descriptionRole: Sous Chef Pastry - The Carlton Tower Jumeirah Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.