Ranta CPA + Associates is looking for an experienced tax preparer to assist with our growing team and client base.
Our firm is located just north of downtown Seattle, on Lake Union. We work with individuals and closely-held businesses, with the majority residing in the Pacific Northwest. Our firm has two primary departments: tax and business accounting services. This position will primarily be
working within the tax capacity, but varied experience and interests are welcomed.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- This position will be primarily tax and client-focused with minimal administrative duties.
- Daily duties will include preparing and reviewing tax returns before submitting them to our partners, communicating with clients, and collaborating with other staff members to obtain and process client information.
- We use ATX professional tax software, but will be switching to Pro System FX for the upcoming filing season.
- Three (3) years experience with preparing Forms 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041, and 990. Primary emphasis will be on Forms 1040, 1065, and 1120S.
- Desired certifications of CPA or Enrolled Agent are recommended, but not required if the applicant has ample experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) is required. Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, etc.) is recommended.
- Positive work attitude, professional demeanor, and respectful collaborative ability is a must!
- We are a casual/semi-formal workplace. If we have scheduled meetings with clients we encourage semi-formal attire, whereas “work days” can be more relaxed.
- Our office is accessible by stairs only, and the building is not ADA compliant. Staff is not expected to perform strenuous manual labor, but should be able to lift archive boxes and files.
- This position will be full-time during the busy seasons (Jan-Apr, Aug-Oct) with flexible scheduling options during the summers and holidays.
- This position will be paid hourly with rate depending on experience, and may be converted to a salaried position at a later date.
- We offer a 4% company-matching 401(k) and medical/dental benefits. To be eligible for these benefits employees must work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
Please visit our website (ranta-cpa.com) to learn more about our team and the services we offer. Resumes and a brief introductory “cover email” can be sent to #removed#-cpa.com or in response to this posting.
Role: Tax Professional
Apply for this job now.