Shaner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Essential Functions: (Include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned.)
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and varied shifts, as required to meet the needs of the Company’s business operations.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
• Meet with Sous Chef or Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
• Opening Shift - Turn on specified equipment (i.e., ovens, deep fryers), fill steam table and unlock secured areas (i.e., reach-ins, walk-ins); secure keys according to procedures.
• Complete opening duties:
a) Set up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
b) Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
c) Check production schedule and pars.
d) Establish priority items for the day.
e) Inform the Sous Chef or Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
f) Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
• Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
• Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
• Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
• Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
• Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
• Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef or Executive Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
• Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot-wash station.
• Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
a) Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
b) Rotate all returned product.
c) Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
d) Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
e) Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, and shelves.
f) Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
g) Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
h) Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
i) Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
• Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.
Role: Line Cook Prep Cook
Apply for this job now.