For over 50 years, our manufacturing company has fabricated flat-surfaced, precision optics. We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to maintain detailed records and lead and collaborate with internal resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the Manager, Quality & Operational Excellence
- Maximize quality efficiency.
- Provide development of quality and inspection planning.
- Monitor the manufacturing process and performance.
- Implement appropriate quality metrics and develop inspection data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure operational success through inspection planning, in process and final inspection surveillance, data analysis, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and control quality documentation.
- Facilitate corrective and preventive actions.
- Determine cost reduction and possible improvements.
- Communicate with engineering, manufacturing, and service functions to establish quality standards for raw materials, work in process, and finished products.
- Coordinate technical troubleshooting with manufacturing, engineering, and sales.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Discuss quality issues with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure inspection reports and related documents meet customer requirements.
- Prepare quality system manuals and procedures in compliance with regulatory standards.
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Control.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Ability to develop and implement quality methods and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specs, and plans.
- Able to develop and implement training on quality processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
Powered by JazzHR