Responsible for managing the overall operations of a Jack in the Box unit. Uses discretion in daily management decisions with accountability for ensuring effective execution of the Service Profit Chain (SPC) and Brand Promise. Develops team to provide excellent internal service, external service, and build restaurant sales and profit while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Internal Service: Recruits, selects, trains, develops, and evaluates restaurant employees. Monitors staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and talent; ensures systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by management and crew; identifies and develops internal candidates for management and Team Leader positions. Works with restaurant management team to ensure all facets of "My Promise to You" and the Service Profit Chain are executed; creates a restaurant environment that is "employee friendly," fun, clean and safe; takes accountability for motivating and inspiring employees to achieve high performance; treats all employees with respect and dignity; and regularly recognizes and rewards employees. Understands and utilizes JIB systems, processes, and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- External Service: Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance. Provides an exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring proper training and holding restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with JIB systems, procedures, and food safety requirements. Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest experience; maintains visibility and interaction with guests; responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner, and ensures positive resolution. Ensures management team and crew understands and operates all systems correctly. Maintains the brand image of restaurant cleanliness, maintenance, and excellent service. Serves as a role model for excellent guest service.
- Sales & Profits: Utilizes management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance each Period, including the I&E, quality and service reports, health inspections, HACCP, etc; identifies trends and implements action plans for improvement; uses data to analyze business results and consults with regional and CSC resources as needed. Focuses efforts on increasing restaurant sales and profitability by executing the Service Profit Chain and understanding its impact on the overall business. Considers cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and works to protect the JIB brand. Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant goals.
- Fostering the Culture: Demonstrates a passion for the business and pride in Jack in the Box; ability to manage professionally with integrity, honesty, and trust that promotes the Jack in the Box culture and values; demonstrates high ethical standards; treats employees and guests with respect; and actively listens and communicates timely, clearly, and accurately with management team and crew. Remains calm when challenged or placed under pressure; calms others who are confronted with a difficult situation or task; and effectively manages conflict.
- Training/Coaching/Development: Serves as a strong role model who motivates and inspires employees; effectively trains, coaches, and provides time for employees to learn; identifies employees' potential and fosters development for promotion to the next level; and demonstrates patience and commitment toward development of employees. Values effective job performance and ensures restaurant team receives recognition and expression of gratitude. Understands the importance of, and provides employees with quality and timely performance feedback and reviews.
- Guest Focus: Is passionate about providing a high quality guest experience that is evident to our guests. Understands guests' perspectives and focuses efforts on ensuring consistent, quality service that exceeds guests' expectations. Demonstrates guest service techniques and ability to manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Food Quality/Safety: Demonstrates a strong awareness and concern for food quality and safety, and restaurant cleanliness; and is dedicated to consistently serving great food to guests and conveys importance to restaurant team. Demonstrated ability to utilize systems and perform duties within established structure.
- Business Management: Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change; understands the importance of change and implements, manages, and supports change initiatives; maintains a strong sense of urgency; and works toward achieving goals. Consistently makes high quality decisions based on experience, policy and procedure, or knowledge of the setting; and exercises discretion and independent judgment on important restaurant business matters. Attends to priorities, delegates work, and systematically conducts follow up; demonstrates attention to detail; and is well organized in all aspects of job performance.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
Education - High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience - Internal Promote: Minimum of 1+ years experience as an Associate Manager and/or 2 years experience as a First Assistant Manager; must be 100% certified in all workstations. External Recruit: Minimum of 3 years experience managing a service concept with full P&L responsibility.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Restaurant Manager training classes; must be ServSafe certified. Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); proven analytical skills; and good organization and planning skills. Is a self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts responsibility. Proficient knowledge of personal computers and related software applications. Must possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and use personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle. Ability to operate a computer keyboard.
Jack in the Box, Inc. and its affiliates will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.