Our rapid growth has created immediate openings for Assembly Project Engineers at our Walker, MI campus. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have strong leadership skills, a solid background and strong understanding of engineering principles. The Project engineer will work part of a launch team and will follow the automated assembly equipment from the quoting phase to the production phase.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- 2 plus years of project management experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 supplier
- 2 plus years of experience with automotive underbody resistance and MIG welding
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project) required
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Automated MIG and Spot Welding
- Robotics experience is a plus (Fanuc and ABB)
- Experience and understanding of Weld schedules (spot, projection, MIG, drawn arc)
- Experience and understanding of GD&T
- CAD design experience (Solidworks experience is a plus)
- NAAMS assembly tooling standards
- Experience and understanding of automotive underbody components
- Experience with Henrob self-piercing rivet is a plus
- Experience with Weber flow drill screw is a plus
- Controls Experience (Allen Bradley RSlogix500 and RSlogix5000 programming is a plus)
- Provide project leadership and drive all aspects of project launch from quoting to production.
- Manage build shops to ensure project is on time and the automated equipment is built per CMC's machine standards.
- Meet with build shop weekly to maintain an open-issue report and a MS project timeline
- Review and approve tooling designs, system layouts, control design, and weld documentation.
- Work with the manufacturing engineer and quality engineer to complete part builds at the build shops.
- Work on closing open issues with build shops before cell buy off and hand off to manufacturing facility.
Founded in 1981, Challenge Manufacturing is a leading global Tier 1 supplier of complex assemblies and engineered metal formed products to the automotive industry. Celebrating over 35 years in business, Challenge offers a wide range of career opportunities and a competitive employee benefits package.
Challenge is an employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), which enables a collaborative and teamwork-oriented culture and provides employee-owners the opportunity to share in the success of the company. The ESOP is a critical element to Challenge's culture and success.
In the fast-growing environment, Challenge maintains its responsibilities of providing employees job security, workplace safety, fair treatment, competitive wages and benefits, employee ownership, transparent communication, and opportunities for career growth. For more information about Challenge, visit our website at #removed#-mfg.com.
Challenge Today. Own Tomorrow.
Role: Assembly Project Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.