Company: TRAEGER WOOD PELLET GRILLS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Traeger Grills is the industry leader and originator of the Wood Pellet Grill! We provide a world-class culinary experience to our customers through our innovative 6-1 grill, providing the ability to Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise & BBQ! We provide that same world-class experience to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to join our winning and growing team! If you have a passion for BBQ or great food, or are simply looking for a company that invests in you as an employee, with amazing benefits, apply today!
The Product Design Engineer position will work within a team of product developers to redesign, rethink, and reorganize how we commercialize the latest in grilling innovation. This person will be tasked with implementing the latest wood fired grill innovations, managing the execution with our suppliers and overseeing the successful launch of a project or technology according to schedule. The role will be accountable for creating new processes, standards, product development timelines, and oversee our complete CAD management system, aimed at improving the quality and reliability of our system. The ideal candidate will have experience in mechanical and electrical design, managing OEM, CM and oversee partners. Knowledge in heat transfer, general understanding of mechanical principles, code development, and project management software. This position will work across Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Quality, to meet our customer needs and deliver innovative products under aggressive timelines. Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, this role will be responsible for executing a broad range of Traeger products and technologies into commercialization.
- Drive a culture of quality and reliability throughout our partners, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Assist in the scope and implementation of new innovations in the outdoor grilling space, from concept to commercialization
- Design and facilitate FMEA's focused on commercialization with our internal engineering and production teams
- Perform in depth engineering evaluations and research, making recommendations to the team based on data and testing results
- Design complex assemblies via CAD modeling, and predict performance through heat transfer and airflow CFD's
- Manage 1-2 Product Engineers, setting workflow direction, providing coaching and overseeing the ECN process
- Manage our overseas partners, and ensuring execution aligns with timeline, production, and manufacturing
- Conduct design reviews, lead design for manufacture teams, and guide the general design process within Traeger
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- 8-10 years experience in a product focused engineering field with focus on quality, reliability, and commercialization
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly collaborative, team-driven work environment
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, PDM software, LabView, and Project Management software
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, adapt, and pivot according to changing needs of the market
- Must have proven experience developing and commercializing products
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work with teams cross functionally
- Interaction with overseas resources and ability to travel internationally a must
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!