Division / Department: Deposit
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Branch Manager
Type of Position: Part-time
Hours per week: > 30
Customer Service Representatives are responsible for excellent customer service, attentiveness, information retention, strong communication and organizational skills. CSR’s must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure, as needed, with a high degree of accuracy. Work is expected to be done according to established work flow, procedures, and regulations.
- Accept personal and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, processing checking and saving withdrawals
- Record night and mail deposits
- Provide products including Personal Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks and Bank Drafts
- Process credit card/unemployment card cash advances
- Prepare currency transaction reports and perform other BSA-related responsibilites
- Maintain an adequate cash drawer at all times; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with State Bank procedures and regulations
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Assist customers in accessing safe deposit boxes
- Complete special requests such as closing accounts, taking check orders, providing special account statements, performing customers requested research
- Assist customers with access to their online banking accounts
- Balance the ATM when duty is assigned
- Promote the bank’s products and services
- Answer phones in a timely manner
- Run work through the Carlar machine
- Know when and what type of holds need to be applied (notify full time CRS to pull form), be able to explain hold to customer
- Prepare stop payments to checks/EFTs
- Sell state license plate renewal stickers
- Prepare teller area, through light cleaning and stocking
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in dual-control functions
- Represents State Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers, and co-workers.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
Previous teller experience preferred but not required.
Demonstrated analytical, decision-making, and effective problem solving skills.
Must be competent in the use of personal computer systems, internet applications and electronic mail, and various windows based software applications.
Honor State Bank philosophies, policies and expectations regarding core values, customer service, human resource policies and code of conduct and ethics.
Demonstrate acceptable personal financial responsibility.
Reading and computer use is expected more than 50% of the time. Receiving detailed information verbally, in person and by telephone is essential.
Physical and mental ability to perform the essential functions of the job as listed.
Able to regularly stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
Able to verbally communicate effectively with others.
Regular attendance is necessary and essential to this position.
This position will have no direct supervisory duties. This position reports directly to the Branch Manager.
Role: Customer Service Representative
Apply for this job now.