A leading building supplier based in Dublin West is seeking a Transport Operations Manager to provide support and specialist knowledge and management across all brands within the transport arena.
- Manage the day to day leadership of the transport function across the branch network
- Ensure the function is operating effectively, stream lining processes and implementing procedures as required
- Responsible for the management of the compliance of the current legislation and implementation of future legislative changes
- Strategic fleet programme management, establishing fleet providers replacement and agreeing design and specification with the business and cross department engagement
- Cost control and high level sign off for relevant fleet activities
- Creation of monthly reports to line management
- Implement best practice around Branch Transport operations
- Develop and implement a training programme for all transport managers across the group
- Auditing of third-party providers to ensure all drivers are delivering high standards of customer service and vehicle fleet is maintained to a high standard
- Support the rollout of EPOD system as well as the introduction of vehicle tracking and route optimisation
Key requirements of the Transport Operations Manager:
- Fleet management experience essential
- Experience of system integration and acquisition formalities
- Experience in managing a transport function across a branch network
- Having technical knowledge and the know how to solve operational issues around transport legislation, and engineered solutions to such issues as load handling and safe operation
- Previous exposure to fleet administration/contractual processes and maintenance support of SLA's, agreements and associated costs
- Experience managing 3rd party transport provider relationships and all replacement fleet entry and exit processes and schedules to meet operational requirements and time scales
- Experience with managing the day to day legislative guidelines
- Knowledge around strategic project planning
- Ability to implement and track projects accurately through to completion
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online today or contact Deirdre O'Dowd on 01 6991771 for further details.
Please be advised, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only successful candidates will be contacted.