Company: CONFLUENT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Confluent Medical Technologies is dedicated to working collaboratively with our customers, taking projects from rapid prototype into high volume production. Our unparalleled technical expertise, proven experience and partnership with our clients has allowed us to perfect the process necessary to deliver world-class medical devices through innovative material science, engineering and manufacturing. Our primary capabilities include: Nitinol components, balloon catheters, delivery systems, biomedical textiles, access kits, and guidewires. We take pride in our position as the leader in the medical technology space and are driven by a passion to create products that our clients have envisioned for their customers.
Confluent is hiring! The new Process Development Engineer will join our dynamic team of industry leading experts to develop, optimize, and implement robust Thermomechanical processes for Nitinol medical devices.
- Work as part of Confluent's multifunctional Process Development Team responsible for development, optimization, and validation of medical device production processes.
- Design high precision fixtures and tooling for forming, heat treatment, crimping, and honing processes.
- Develop heat treatment processes for Nitinol components.
- Work on engineering studies and process validation efforts.
- Create manufacturing documentation such as work instructions, inspection plans, and technical memorandums.
- Work in collaboration with operators, technicians, and other engineers to deliver devices that meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate with the Production team for training and manufacturing support.
- Utilize six sigma and lean manufacturing principles for continuous improvement of validated manufacturing processes.
- Ability to design high precision mechanical components.
- Ability to read, interpret, and update drawings for complex mechanical devices and assemblies.
- Ability to solve technical challenges by applying materials science and fundamental metallurgical principles. Experience with NiTi a plus.
- Capable of performing under multiple competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative and constructive working relationship with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in a highly technical environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering. Mechanical or Materials Engineering preferred.
- Solidworks modeling and drawing experience a plus.
- Experience with Minitab or JMP desirable.
- Familiarity with metalworking/machining processes.
Confluent Medical Technologies offers very competitive compensation and benefits and is proud to have a distinguished reputation across Silicon Valley and throughout the medical device industry around the world! We welcome eager and ambitious team players to apply! There's no better time to join Confluent.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
We regret that we are unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on a time-limited visa status for this position.
Confluent Medical Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.