Since 1918, Seattle Fish Co. has supplied the highest quality seafood available in the world to restaurants, hotels, caterers, and grocers throughout Denver and the Rocky Mountain area. As the region's largest supplier of fresh fish, we're proud to provide our community with an unparalleled selection of seafood that showcases the same passionate dedication to personal service that this multigenerational family company has fostered for over a century.
Seattle Fish uses the Culture Index Survey to assess individual strengths as part of our hiring process. The Culture Index Survey is a tool used company-wide that helps Seattle Fish better understand organizational culture, training needs, how individuals prefer to be managed, and how individuals prefer to communicate.
Please copy and paste the link below into your browser window and complete the Culture Index Survey. If you do not complete the survey, your application will not be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver fresh, frozen and dry product to customers, including unloading the truck.
- Maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) per Seattle Fish guidelines.
- Communicate frequently with Sales Representatives and Accounting department.
- Complete daily paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collect checks from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Listen to and resolves customer complaints.
- Pick up empty containers and/or rejected or unsold merchandise as approved.
- May be required to load cases or pallets on truck.
- Obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Ensure inside of truck is clean and maintained. No smoking inside company vehicles.
- Ensures routine maintenance is performed on truck.
- Observe all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Observe all federal, state and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hiring for Routes:
Long Haul driver to cover Rock Springs shuttle / Cheyenne deliveries
- 9PM start on M, W, F nights
- Drive to Rock Springs and drop routes 8/10 to be picked up by our Utah & Wyoming drivers at 3AM.
- Complete Cheyenne deliveries on the return trip back to Denver
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 2 years of professional driving experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Driver License.
- Clean MVR - no more than 3 incidents in the last 5 years.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Meet commitments.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet conditions (non-weather) and extreme cold (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and seldom lift up to 100 lbs. The employee must also be able occasionally push and pull up to 100 lbs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk, see and hear.
$20.55 - $21.55 per hour
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Perfect attendance time off rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Company-paid STD & LTD
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on seafood and gourmet products
Job Type: Full-time