Are you looking for a Learning Support Assistant role in Purleigh? Do you have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs?
Teaching Personnel are seeking to recruit experienced LSA's to work with children with SEN or to support either one-to-one or in small groups, mostly on a long-term and temporary to permanent basis to ensure continuity for pupils.
Special needs assistants help pupils with a wide range of learning, physical or behavioural difficulties. You will need to be patient but firm when necessary.
The role may include some of the following tasks:
- Helping with school work under the supervision of the teacher
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Preparing learning materials
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Looking after children's physical needs
- Carrying out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Keeping records in line with school policies
We are currently looking for candidates that have the experience of working with/knowledge of, one or more of the following:
- ASD, SEMH, Dyslexia, MLD, PMLD or SpLD
- Behaviour management
- Education Therapy
- One-to-one or small group support work
- Personal care
Teaching Personnel are the UKs leading educational recruitment agency and by working through us you will have the opportunity to complete additional training courses through our CPD Academy whilst receiving competitive rates of pay.