Meritech is an independently owned technology solution provider that was founded in 1978. We have approximately 125 team members working in our Cleveland, Ohio headquarters and three (3) remote offices in Independence, Medina, and Akron. Our trusted technology advisers think, build, and run information technology (IT) infrastructures for clients located throughout Northeast Ohio.
· Think: Consulting services include strategic planning, road maps, budgets, timelines, capacity management, device life-cycle and contract management services, documentation.
· Build: Project services include solution architecture, project engineering, project management, installation, programming, application development and integration, and end user adoption & training services, documentation.
· Run: Support services include preventative maintenance, proactive monitoring, reactive service desk, ticket creation & escalation services, documentation.
We define IT infrastructure as the applications, systems, and networks that move knowledge through a small, medium, or large organization, including:
· Applications: Business Information Systems, Sales and Marketing, Business Communications, and Print and Document Management.
· Systems: Servers, Storage, Multi-Function Printers, Client Devices, and Client-Less Devices.
· Networks: Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, and Data Center.
The Level 3 IT Engineer reports to the Director of IT Operations.
Level III support is reserved for technical support incidents where it is difficult to scope the duration of time an incident may take to resolve or require an individual having an extremely high skill set - beyond that of team members handling Level I and II requests. This individual will also work directly with Meritech employees and its clients on solution design and project implementations. They will also be expected to stay up to date on technology looking for ways to solve internal and external issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide third-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software, telephony, mobility, and applications problems.
• Successfully resolves technical issues (hardware, software and knowledge gaps.)
• Performs diagnostics and Root Cause Analysis finding faults/errors in escalations for permanent resolution. • Proactively assists Meritech and its clients to avoid or reduce reoccurring issues.
• Perform troubleshooting of network connectivity issues including TCP/IP, routing, DHCP and DNS.
• Articulates clearly and professionally through verbal and written communication displaying technical knowledge at an expert level.
• Provide exceptional customer service through courteous, prompt and accurate communication.
• Assists with managing identity management during on-boarding, maintenance of business and off-boarding
• Works with team members as required to ensure client SLA demands are met.
• Write and document technical solutions.
• Provide mobile device support as necessary.
• Participate in the efforts for continuous cycle of improvement by making suggestions for process
improvements, identifying duplicate work processes, and suggest the elimination of unnecessary tasks.
• Work closely with subject matter experts to deliver solutions to clients.
• Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
• IT Projects, as assigned.
• Ability to work non-standard hours, weekends, and on-call as necessary.
• Use customer service soft skills to address upset customers and re-mediate complainants without the
need for supervisor involvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and discipline to follow standards, procedures, checklists, and design documents.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work independently/ self-starter.
• Virtualization (VMware and/or Hyper-V)
• Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
• Worked in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
• Experience working with PC Imaging technologies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience
• 10+ years of experience in information technology application management.
From a single solution provider to full managed services, we empower companies to reduce risk, control costs and increase productivity.
Products Offered by Meritech Include: Network Solutions, Hardware Solutions, Document Solutions, Energy Solutions
Role: Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
Apply for this job now.