Construction Project Manager – Architectural Sheet Metal
JR & Co., Inc. (Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor) has been in business for over 30 years. We have a large diversified customer base which includes high profile sheet metal projects. You may review these at our website #removed# or our office. JR & Co., Inc. (Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a fair and balanced organization seeking to find, compensate and hire the very best proven leaders in the architectural sheet metal community. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team and have a life long, good paying career!
What We Offer:
- Healthy work / life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Company vehicle, phone and computer
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life.
- Paid vacation and holidays
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee the beginning of each project, including details like design evaluations
- Create the schedule for each project
- Familiarize oneself with the scope of work, including proposal, specifications and the contract
- Coordinate scope of work with estimator
- Process all required architectural sheet metal submittals
- Provide take-offs, purchase orders and confirm budgets
- Create and process change orders as necessary
- Collaborate with the general contractor and integrating trades to ensure feasibility of each project
- Attend all meetings on-site with general contractor, architect and client as required
- Generate appropriate owner correspondence, scheduling conflicts, weather delays, etc.
- Insure that paperwork complies with all city and associated department requirements such as initial A.I.S.C forms (summary work order), change orders, R.F.I’s and drawing submittals
- Provide scheduling and coordination for each project including the daily monitoring of jobsite progression with general contractor / owner to ensure that the project is completed on schedule.
- Track budget variances and prepare reports for accounting department by the 1st of each month.
- Supervise the activities of the shop fabrication team and field erection team to ensure compliance with company policies, safety standards and quality standards.
- Update job cost report, at least monthly, to insure accuracy of costs in appropriate cost codes. Notify Controller if costs are incorrect.
- Prepare verbal and written status reports on project issues and reviews them with the Vice President and Shop Leads
- Will prepare and compile Estimates for Architectural Sheet Metal and Ornamental Metal Bids as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management and or 5 years experience, preferred in architectural sheet metal, sheet metal fabrication, metal fabrication, Engineering “Design Build”, Construction Engineering or Construction Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in verbal and written English.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural / structural drawings and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Intermediate to Advanced level in various construction related Computer Software such as Bluebeam, EDGE estimating software, ProCore or ProLog and Gantt scheduling software
- Intermediate level understanding of digital images (how to open, view, customize and print them)
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments
- Extreme attention to detail
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Available to work extended hours as required by project schedules, weather conditions or urgent circumstances
JR & Co., Inc. (Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor) has been in business for over 30 years. We have a large diversified customer base which includes high profile sheet metal projects. You may review these at our website #removed# or our office. JR & Co., Inc. (Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a fair and balanced organization seeking to find, compensate and hire the very best proven leaders in the architectural sheet metal community. While additionally bringing in individuals who have an innate will and desire to become sheet metal workers and establishing a lifelong good paying career.
Role: Construction / Project Manager / Architectural Sheet Metal
Apply for this job now.