NO C2C OR H1B Candidates Please
· Assists in the investigation and resolution of quality related production, manufacturing and design related problems.
· Under the general direction of the Manager, the employee will participate in one or more of the following inspection activities:
· Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Engineer. The quality engineering technician will aid in the investigation of all production related problems
· Interface with all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering, Product and Sustaining Engineering, and Production Inventory Control in the performance of their assigned tasks.
· Maintain records of investigation and resolution in accordance with AMETEK, Harleysville procedures
· Become familiar with the company’s current MRP/ERP software for data collection and incident resolution
· Perform special tests as required by the quality assurance manager or quality engineer
· Collect data and input it into excel, access and other designated programs for analysis
· Assist in the maintenance of the quality system as directed by the Quality Manager or Quality Engineer
· Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager or Quality Engineer
· Must be able to work well in a team environment
· Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings
· Must have the ability to perform basic mechanical measurements
· Must be able to operate an optical comparator, Vision System and a CMM
· If not already certified, the quality engineering technician will be required to become certified for operation of the Rockwell Hardness Tester, Optical Comparator, Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and Fellows Redliner (gear checker)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Must possess a High School Diploma
· 5+ years of experience with rotating components
· Basic computer skills (MS Office Applications)
· This position will require the employee to lift up to 35 lbs. from the floor to the workstation and from material handling carts to the workstation.
· This position may require repetitive motions or tasks at work surface level, above work surface level, and below work surface level with forces in the range of 5 to 15 lbs.
· This position may require the employee to use industrial cleaning chemicals subject to the appropriate safety guidelines.
· This position involves detailed work and will require the employee to have requisite levels of manual dexterity and visual acuity.
· This position may require travel by car, train, or air.
More than 2,000 companies and government entities throughout North America rely on us each year to connect them with quality IT and engineering professionals who are ready to work. We help our clients accomplish their business objectives through our contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire staffing services, as well as our managed staffing/SOW-based solutions.
Role: QUALITY TECHNICIAN
Apply for this job now.