Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £43,000 - £49,000 per annum
Job Title: Accountant (System Access Control)
Location: Warwick (Hybrid) 9am-5pm
Duration: 6 month contract (Mon-Fri)
My high profile utilities client is looking for an accountant to join their new accounting team to manage the accounts systems and interfaces, maintain accurate, complete and timely financial processing whilst ensuring all controls are adhered to.
About the Role:
The role will be accountable for managing and supporting the calculations, approvals and interfaces into the system for all rates, timesheets and recharges across all the Assistant Accountants.
You will be responsible for managing and developing an Assistant as a direct report.
- Ensure accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy, accounting standards, nature of expenditure or form of control.
- Role model service as a key part for all processes, ensure service offering is provided in a way that is reliable, responsive and easy to deal with.
- Managing timesheet rates process and business queries, engaging proactively with stakeholders to ensure alignment on timelines and process.
- Managing the monthly delivery of the close programme, managing and escalating delivery risk as appropriate to the Accounts System Controls Manager.
- Management of external auditors and plan, including investigating and responding to queries from external auditors and internal finance/tax colleagues.
- Engage proactively with offshore managed provider to manage the close timetable and
- ensuring processes are executed in accordance with relevant SoX and business controls.
- Part Qualified/Qualified Accountant/ QBE (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA)
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end finance processes in a large company
- Strong accounting knowledge of month end processes
- Strong ability to interpret and present data with attention to accuracy and detail
- Finance experience in a shared service finance function highly regarded
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to all levels of staff
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.