Position: Service TechnicianLocation: Maryland Heights, MO
The Service Technician will work within the production facility and/or region and will be primarily responsible for performing, documenting, and scheduling all maintenance tasks related to servicing coating and all support equipment within an assigned facility. This individual will be expected to perform maintenance as defined in existing Equipment Manuals as well as inventory spare parts. He/She will play a key leadership role in directing and improving the performance of existing equipment which directly impacts the overall production output within a facility. This individual may also indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/ coaching of others.
- Provide preventative and emergency maintenance on all production and facility equipment within a facility and/or region such as coating machines and equipment, blasting equipment, cleaning lines and air compressors with appropriate documentation as required.
- Ensure machines are maintained to corporate standards.
- Plan, purchase and maintain proper inventory levels required to minimize downtime, yet control inventory as required.
- Ensure safety measures are met and that technicians are practicing safe work habits.
- Keep clean, well-organized work areas, including power alleys, support systems and equipment.
- Provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and batch maintenance.
- Perform electro-mechanical maintenance as needed.
- Purchase and maintain an inventory of spare parts.
- Participate as a key member of the Management team within the assigned production facility or facilities.
- 2 year degree and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline or equivlent experience.
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics.
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful.
- Must be accessible for on call to respond to support service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/downtime.
An exciting progressive career with a stable, profitable and growing company, growth opportunity for top performers, medical, dental and vision benfits, 401K with company match and tuition reimbursement.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for manmade fibers manufacturing, drive systems, vacuum, surface solutions and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 15 500 employees at over 170 locations in 35 countries and pro-forma sales of CHF 3.6 billion in 2013. The Company invested in 2013 CHF 146 million in R&D (pro-forma 2013), with over 1,200 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets.The new Oerlikon Surface Solutions Segment has around 6,000 employees worldwide, operates 110 coating centers and generates sales in excess of CHF 1 billion. Both business units, Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco, have been at the forefront of the development of pioneering coating technologies for decades.
Role: Service Technician - STL
Location: Maryland Heights,
Apply for this job now.