Our client is seeking an IT Specialty Resource network engineer that is able to handle complex work for the complete project cycle including Network Architecture engineering and design, creating BOMs, using wide knowledge of the field and subject matter (advanced knowledge and skillset that provides subject matter authority and superior command in Data Network Engineering and Design). Familiarity with Visio Professional and producing network design drawings a must. This Specialty position requires expertise with network infrastructure components including routers, switches, wireless systems and network security systems. May provide input in setting objectives and policy, identifying critical issues and introducing new concepts. Performs work and makes decisions independently, provides assistance, advice, and solutions to peers, customers, and co-workers. Identifies and implements better work alternatives and business processes.
- The IT-Specialty resource will work independently.
- This role performs complex design, planning and evaluation of voice and/or data network architecture and systems.
- This resource directly supports project cycle from start to finish including the requirements definition, design, bill of materials creation, cost estimates, project management, project implementation and documentation.
- Provides resolution and troubleshooting for network problems.
- May interface with vendors to identify and purchase hardware and software.
- Responsibilities will include working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments and will guide and advise less experienced Network Analysts.
Experience as follows:
- LAN/WAN switching and routing.
- Experience in the design, deployment and support of Cisco LAN, WAN, and datacenter technologies.
A high level of experience is the following components and technologies is required:
- Cisco Routers including ISR, ASR and 800 series.
- Cisco IOS and IOS-XE
- Cisco switching hardware including Catalyst and Nexus switches.
- Cisco VSS
- Layer 2 switching technologies and best practices.
- Layer 3 switching technologies and best practices.
- Cisco IWAN components including DMVPN, PFR and WAAS
- Routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS
- QoS in switches and routers, CBWFQ, LLQ, Classification, Hierarchical QoS, Switch hardware queue structures, scavenger class.
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
Role: Cisco Network Architect (BHJOB1435_22926)
Location: Glen Allen,
Apply for this job now.