Prepare customer orders for shipment accurately and efficiently consistently striving for improved customer satisfaction. Duties:
- Double-check frozen/cooler products and bulk items pulled by pickers using pick sheets.
- Replace incorrect products as needed.
- Correct any incorrect stacks according to pulling/stacking protocols and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of the customer's order at the packing
- Packs product according to procedures to ensure damage-free delivery to the customer.
- Communicate with pullers and loaders as needed.
- Transport orders to shipping locations utilizing non-powered material handling equipment.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the USA
- Must be able to work overtime if needed.
- High sense of urgency at all times
- Prior warehouse experience
- Good attention to detail
- Experience using RF Scanners
- Experience using a pallet jack is a plus
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others.
- Must be able to lift to 70 lbs consistently
- Must be able to operate or willing to operate power hand trucks (pallet jacks), forklifts, and product scanning equipment
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and have good decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to work in extreme conditions (i.e. freezer) and heat (summer warehouse conditions)
- Must be able to maintain mandatory pulling/picking averages (i.e. 80 cases per hour in dry and 110 cases per hour in frozen).
- Must be able to read, write and have good communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and physical to be hired
- High school diploma required or equivalent (GED)
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should know inventory software; spreadsheet software, and word processing software (preferred but not required). Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use his/her hands to handle product or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently live and/or move up to 70 pounds. Steel Toe Shoes required. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold, and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employer mandated safety precautions must be observed at all times. Hours/Pay/Shift/Training
Benefits upon hire
- Right-to-Hire opportunity
- Eligible for hire after working 720 hours
- Pay Rate: $11/hour to start
- Shift: Night Shift, 5 pm start
- 10-hour shift
- Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Training: 8 hours on Mondays and/or Tuesdays, starting at 8 am
- Start nightshift the day following your training
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Standard Benefits (401K w/match; Vacation; Holiday; Medical)
- $100 allowance for Steel Toe Boots
- All other required PPE is provided by Employer
- $1/hour increase
- Eligible for an incentive program that pays an additional $3-$4/hour.
- This incentive is based on the number of pallets loaded, and the number of mistakes made;
- The average worker averages an additional $400/week in incentive pay