Deputy Clinical Governance Lead job
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per Week
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Pulse is recruiting for an exciting new role for a Deputy Clinical Governance Lead to join one of the largest private healthcare providers based in Washington, Sunderland.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Clinical Governance Lead, Director of Clinical Services, Hospital Director, Lead Consultant for Clinical Governance and the MAC Chair in leading clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital.
This unmissable opportunity suits a healthcare professional with demonstrable knowledge of clinical governance, audits, patient safety agendas, great attention to detail, fairness in investigation and management of complaints and incidents. They will be responsible for ensuring that robust governance and risk systems are in place and that effective learning and continuous development takes place across the organisation.
This facility is a 35 in-patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms. It offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite.
Roles and responsibilities
- Deputise on hospital Clinical Governance and work closely with the Clinical Governance lead, Director of Clinical Services, Hospital Director, Lead Consultant for Clinical Governance and the MAC Chair in leading clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital
- Take an active role in ensuring compliance with all hospital regulatory requirements
- Support all departments in ensuring compliance with CQC/HIS/HIW Essential Standards and maintain Provider Compliance Assessment Tool
- Co-ordinate the compilation of the quarterly Governance reports, and provide support in the compilation of other Governance related reports including for example: Infection Control report and SSD reports, and ensure timely submission
- Initiate the investigation of Incidents and Complaints in a timely manner, and manage Incident Reporting system and appropriate escalation of incidents. To support staff in the collation and submitting of RCAs within timescales as per corporate policy
- Registered Healthcare Professional
- Proven experience in clinical and hospital governance
- Excellent understanding of CQC, standard surgical/clinical practices and procedures
- Excellent communicator
- Experience of roots cause analysis is desirable
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
If you would like