$75000.00 to $95000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is currently seeking an experienced, organized Senior Accountant to join their team for a full-time opportunity in the BROOKLYN, New York area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be required to perform financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you achieve long-term potential within the company. We are currently looking for an individual who possess excellent analytical skills and thrives working in a challenging and fast-paced environment while contributing to company growth.
- When working with business partners, ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls. Additionally, be able to provide support on special requests
- Adherence to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Present Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Provide assistance in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Provide monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Review financial information such as trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc. and present analysis in a clear manner
- Engage in various department-wide initiativesJob Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- NetSuite experience
- Strong time management skills preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.