Supply Chain Finance (SCF) is defined as the use of financial instruments, practices and technologies for optimizing the management of the working capital and liquidity tied up in the supply chain of manufacturing and service sectors. SCF can significantly contribute towards solving MSME access to finance problem, while creating efficiencies for large domestic and international corporations.
The Consultant will be employed in London, UK, for the period of 12 months.
The major task of the Consultant will be to (a) contribute to building knowledge of the RF business for the Bank and its relevant internal units, (b) lead the efforts to develop Bank’s potential framework for RF or SCF (c) identify, structure, prepare and deliver a pipeline of RF transactions in the Bank’s countries of operations.
The Consultant’s Objectives are as follows:
- Share knowledge and best practise with regards to RF;
- Development of a pipeline of potential RF transactions;
- Structuring and executing RF transaction; direct involvement in delivering high-quality project proposals, compliant with the EBRD standards.
For the purpose of clarity, Consultant’s time should not be used for:
- Developing ERBD’s direct lending proposals, or any other involvement in EBRD’s work or projects, unrelated to the RF;
- Working on portfolio or monitoring of existing sub-loans.
SCOPE OF WORK
The assignment will be performed in EBRD HQ in London, potentially with visits to EBRD’s Countries of Operations in the context of developing and executing a pipeline of RF sub-projects and educating resident office bankers with regards to the RF business.
The Consultant will have a direct reporting line to the Regional Head Turkey, EEC & Cyprus, SME F&D. The Consultant shall agree with the Regional Head the work plan before commencing work on the assignment.
- Extensive relevant experience in Supply Chain Financing (i.e. Reverse Factoring), Factoring, Invoice Discounting/Financing, LC Discounting, Distributor Financing; ideally with a strong link to improving SMEs access to finance;
- Proven track record of having structured / closed transactions in the Reverse Factoring space;
- Strong knowledge of trade and supply chain finance IFI experience or experience in the supply chain financing of commercial banks will be a strong plus;
- Evidence of relationship building and ability to develop a network of relevant external contacts, as well as internally across different teams;
- DFI, commercial banking, Trade Finance, Credit Funds, Credit Insurance or other suitable background;
- Widespread contacts in the Supply Chain Financing sector;
- Understanding of trade and supply chain finance and portfolio management;
- Knowledge of market and credit risk principles and their application;
- Understanding of operational, reputational and regulatory risk of Supply Chain Financing;
- Proficiency in English.