Duties and Responsibilities of a Warehouse Operations Manager
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinating patrols with security department.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes warehouse operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Recruits, hires, and trains new warehouse employees. Coaches, counsels, schedules and disciplines current warehouse employees as needed by enforcing policies and procedures.
- Contributes to creating and recommending strategic plans and reviews in order to achieve operational objectives. Prepares and implements production and quality plans based around customer service standards. Resolves problems and identifies trends.
- Forecasts requirements, prepares annual budgets, schedules expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions in order to meet financial objectives of the warehouse.
- Determines product handling and storage requirements to develop warehouse operations systems. Develops, implements, evaluates and enforces policies and procedures. Develops processes for receiving product, utilizing equipment, managing inventory and shipping product.
- Develops and implements effective warehouse layout that accounts for product flow, equipment and product handling systems.
- Establishes, follows and enforces safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
- Develops protection and access policies and coordinates security patrols to keep the property secure.
- Participates in ongoing education to update job knowledge.
Warehouse Operations Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to manage processes
- Ability to manage team members effectively
- Data entry management
- Data entry and data processing skills
- Reporting skills
- Ability to accurately analyze information
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous warehouse operations experience preferred
Eightcig Distribution is an electronic cigarette and vaping device wholesaler and retailer located in Las Vegas, NV.
EightCig Distribution provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EightCig Distribution complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Role: Operations Manager - Warehouse
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.