A local financial institution in Birmingham, AL is seeking an IT Systems Specialist. This individual will be responsible for system patching and vulnerability remediation. You will participate in the design, installation, implementation, administration, security and enhancement of all existing platforms and services. You will also be responsible for product support for all users and will assist in the installation and development of new systems as well as upgrading systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually review and remediate system and network vulnerabilities.
- Manage and maintain the platform utilized to update Operating systems and 3rd party applications.
- Document IT Security procedures and vulnerability exceptions.
- Actively participation in the general support and maintenance of processing information system.
- Support internal and external users on software and hardware.
- Maintain asset vulnerability and patch management program and software utilized.
- Maintain and update a list of firewall rules and patch network devices per policy.
- Assist with internal/external information systems, applications for vulnerabilities, upgrades, vendors and trends. Recommend appropriate system changes, upgrades, enhancements and optimal usage.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant IT Security and systems experience.
- CISSP Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN
- Knowledge of Virtual environments
- Knowledge of Azure Security Practices and Tools
- Technical knowledge of electronic data processing systems and related financial software applications
Role: IT Security Systems Specialist
Apply for this job now.