Esperanto Developments. is a leading hotel management company with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Esperanto Developments achieves superior operating results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and owners.
Esperanto Developments is currently seeking a creative, passionate and experienced General Manager. Able to achieve maximum profitability while developing the best of the best to provide exceptional service and ensure memorable guest experience with an eye on operational excellence. (This position is for our Quality Inn,, in PECOS, TX Location)
Housing on property is an added benefit.
Primary Objective To supervise the operation of the property as efficiently as possible. To hire and or train a qualified staff to produce the highest volume of sales and affect the greatest profit while maintaining a high degree of public satisfaction, confidence and prestige in the service and quality of the hotel. To follow Hotel policies and procedures. To remain competitive in every area and to produce and achieve budgetary goals. To maintain a high employee morale.
To supervise and participate in the operations of the hotel in order to achieve the desired sales and profit goals. To deal with guests, potential guests, and community leaders. To maintain the highest ethical standards of operation and quality of services and facilities for the hotel. To ensure good working relationship with the all department by overseeing and guiding the staff through open communications and at times "hands on" participation.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position and would like the opportunity to join our ever-growing team, we would like to hear from you,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget Management- Assists in developing operating budgets.
- Maintenance of Quality Standards for proper guestroom cleanliness, function room set up and public room set-ups; maintenance of all facilities, service and employee performance. Is required to inspect at least 10 rooms per week.
- Operations Analysis and Department Head Supervision- Analyzes operations and meets with department heads to review the operations and receive their suggestions.
- Develops Department Heads - Selects and trains department heads and keeps them informed of company policies; observes their performance. Delegates responsibilities, holds them responsible for standards set forth by Hotel, and assists them in improving their level of performance.
- Employee Relations - Works with department heads and employees directly and counsels employees when necessary. Establishes programs to improve employee morale and motivation. Delegates work responsibilities in order to best utilize all personnel.
- Forecast and planning - Participates and directs scheduled internal meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control, safety, etc.
- Reports- Prepares all reports on a timely basis. Analyzes and states strategies to improve.
- Hotel Building Improvements - Prepares required capital improvements list annually.
- Staffing - Studies and analyzes employee work assignments from which staffing guides are established and approved. Maintains daily check on payroll performance and takes affirmative action to correct high payroll costs. Approves all overtime, both before and after in the case of an emergency or unscheduled requirement. Responsible for properly maintaining employee files. Reviews & submits all payroll in timely fashion.
- Controls Other Expenses - Checks controls and approves all hotel expenses.
- Safety and Sanitation - Inspects the property and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Competition - Obtains current, competitive rate information.
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures & brand standards.
Required Skills and Requisites
Must be able to favorably represent Hotel to the guests and the community. Operational knowledge of all phases of the hotel; special knowledge of budget and accounting; sales procedure, proper selection, development and motivation of personnel skills.Materials and Products - Directly or indirectly responsible for all products, inventory, and consumable items used in the Inn and the proper preparation and use consistent with the Inn's cost objectives.
- Equipment-Direct and indirect responsibility for all hotel equipment, building, and furnishings.
- Money- Directly and indirectly responsible for all revenues and accounts receivable & enforcement of cash handling procedures.
- Impeccable standards and service expectations. Ability to translate expectations positively to hotel team.
- Leadership qualities. Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results. Requires the ability to inspire confidence and gain respect of hotel team, industry partners, competitors, and owners.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to convey information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message. Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one's intentions. Requires effective reading, writing and oral comprehension.
- Contemporary, creative mindset. Ability to pro-actively foresee and respond to a diverse, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively partner with internal business alliances to ensure a cohesive and productive culture.
- Hotel General Manager: 2 years
Esperanto Developments LLC., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. Esperanto Development LLC., policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee’s use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.
At Esperanto Developments LLC., we are dedicated to creating and sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion from within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where people make the difference.
Role: General Manager
Apply for this job now.