Pharmacy Technician Description
986 Specialty Pharmacy is an independent specialty pharmacy. We are seeking for an immediate hiring position for a Pharmacy Technician who has background and experience in prior authorization, PBM, and / or a health plan environment.
The following criteria are a must:
- Active NV State Board of Pharmacy
- Pre-employment background check
- Minimum 1 year of Retail/Specialty Pharmacy experience
The following criteria are a plus:
- Knowledge of DigitalRx pharmacy software
- Experience with processing Prior Authorizations with PBMs
- Candidate will require significant time at a computer and on the phone. Previous Medicare/Medicaid experience is strongly preferred.
- Candidate will perform duties assigned by a licensed pharmacist
- Candidate has the experience to obtain information from patients to determine insurance eligibility; using a computerized system, and enters prescription data to create a patient profile
- Candidate will select drugs from stock for preparation, places pharmaceutical products in appropriate containers and affixes labels to containers
- Candidate must provide excellent customer service all all time.
- Candidate must be a fast learner, motivated, team player and be willing to take on new tasks.
- Candidate is occasionally required to drive & deliver medications with own vehicle to patients' homes or MD offices (Mileage reimbursement, .50c/mile)
Medical/Prescription insurance, 401K, Sick pay, Vacation pay, Holiday Pay for those who meets the company conditions.
Store hours: Mon - Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-4pm, Sun Closed
Review prior authorization requests: * Review requests based on current medication formulary * If determination is not made, forward PA request to Supervisor/Manager * Contact referring provider to obtain additional information needed to make determination * Fax decisions to requesting providers * Enter appropriate authorizations and notify provider of approval * Document criteria met in electronic medical record system * Complete processing within established timeframes * Process incoming faxes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
Role: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.