Santa Margarita Auto Group is currently seeking a full-time Fleet Sales Consultant for our expanding dealership group! This is the perfect entry level position for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the automotive industry and learn how sell yourself, your organization, and your product!
We're looking for exciting people to join our team who are (above all): honest, hardworking, positive, and fun to be around. While prior retail and customer service experience is a plus, we're really looking for people who want to learn and commit to a long term career. Many of our employees have been with the company 10+ years --- and don't worry, we will train you how to sell cars. It really is a lot of fun!
While our organization continues to grow, we are at the heart of all that we do, a family organization. Our “mom and pop” approach gives us several advantages and really sets us apart from today's corporate climate. Our organization is known for honest and fair dealings, quality service, and long term community-based relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
We are a progressive organization that offer much more to our team members than other companies. What makes Santa Margarita Auto Group different from other companies?
- Commitment to Integrity - We've won various manufacturer awards including Ford Motor Company's highest honor, the President's Award, 14 times in the last 21 years!
- Professional and Innovative Approach - We strive to lead our industry in new ways to sell and service vehicles! And we're not afraid to try something new.
- Employee Involvement - No one can do it by themselves. We work hard at working together to reach higher levels of success than could be achieved individually. We value everyone's opinion regardless of job position. Cross departmental teams help cultivate a thriving environment with ample career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive and Lucrative Compensation - Your performance, work ethic, and attitude determines your success!
- Ongoing Training - We make available all types of personal and professional training resources because it's only reasonable that we train before we ask you to sell a vehicle!
- Customer Service is our way of life! - Check us out on Google, Yelp, and Facebook to see what our customers and community think about us.
- Community Involvement - Since 1951, our business has been to make our community a better place to live and work. Through charitable contributions, special events and fundraisers, and direct involvement in schools, hospitals, and businesses, Santa Margarita Auto Group believes that investing in our communities is simply the right thing to do.
We invite you to visit our websites --- currently #removed# and #removed# --- and call or email us with any questions. While you're there, take a moment and fill out our secure online employment application --- we'd love to get you into an exciting career of automotive sales and help change your future!
- Greet customers in the showroom or on the lot and listen to determine their automotive needs.
- Present new and used vehicles to prospective customers in a friendly and professional manner by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features.
- Perform vehicle walk arounds and demonstration test drives with prospective customers while comparing and contrasting competitive models and explaining warranties and services (Fleet Sales Consultant normally drives the first part of the demo ride and then allows customer to drive the vehicle).
- Ensure customers receive the best customer experience possible. Customer Satisfaction Indexes should be consistently among best in class (sustained below average Customer Satisfaction Indexes are grounds for termination).
- Maintain manufacturer customer satisfaction and training requirements. Continually learn about product updates, features, accessories, inventory and their benefits to the customer.
- Prospect for new customers and customer referrals and maintain consistent rapport with previously sold customers.
- Receive and respond to customer email, phone and internet leads --- especially following through on commitments made to customers.
- Present purchase or lease options to prospective customers. Accurately explain and offer warranties, services, and financing options.
- Review and deliver vehicle to customer in professional, compliant, and informative manner adhering to manufacturer programs, dealership process, and state regulations.
- Following all company policies and procedures. Demonstrating behaviors consistent with Santa Margarita Auto Group values in all interactions with customers, employees and vendors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have basic computer and phone skills.
- Growth opportunities
- Fast paced work environment
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vehicle purchase plan
Salary: $40,000 - $150,000/year
Equal Opportunity Employer