COMPANY: BEACON HILL TECHNOLOGIES
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Our client in the Blue Bell area is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer to join their team. This is permanent role starting as a contract-to-hire with a very well-known organization.
- This role will offer a lot of autonomy and decision making abilities.
- Your opinions and experience are important in this role to come up with solutions.
- This role will offer the opportunities to wear a lot of hats and jump in wherever needed.
- Very flexible hours. Can be up to 2 days remote from home after getting acclimated.
- Automate infrastructure environment
- Automate application deployments and server security
- Working ALL 3 areas of DevOps - including: Infrastructure DevOps, DevSecOps - Security, and Application DevOps. Mostly Infrastructure and DevSecOps (since these are newer here), some Application (secondary in this role).
- Focusing on automating servers, sets of servers, configuring them through code, through Terraform, Puppet, and ARM Azure Resource Manager. Secondary application deployment (Octopus Deploy, Team City, and PowerShell).
- Going to Azure and OnPrem (not going to AWS)
- Assisting in getting infrastructure code off the ground
- Building and developing utilities in Dev Ops environments
- Reporting to DevOps Team Lead
- Engaging in infrastructure as code and software delivery initiatives
- 3+ years with one of the following as your primary responsibility- Terraform most ideal (but okay if you don't have it if you have the following skills), or Puppet, or ARM Azure Resource Manager in the scripting, code writing side. (Not the GUI, UI side of ARM) to automate
- Some PowerShell, or similar command line interface (like ARM in command line)
- Experience with DevOps with Infrastructure as code experience (gateways, VMs, resource groups and security/vulnerability testing) a must
- Ability to "dumb it down" for other teams
- Ability to provide excellent documentation
- Self-starter (no micromanagement in this role) - here is your task, complete it. There is no constant hand holding in this role.
- Familiar with security including automating security checks related to vulnerability and wiring that into regular scans
- Familiarity with spinning up secure VPCs in Azure (you should know what it is - it is a Virtual Private Cloud)
- Definite must - thinking about security from the ground up, even if you haven't had the opportunity to touch it much yet.
- Some VMWare
- Some Chef (used for infrastructure as code for environmental setup)
- Security experience
- Team City, Octopus Deploy, and Azure DevOps
- Cloud experience
- Familiar and comfortable with with FaaS, SAST and DAST testing
- Knowledge with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Knowledge of Containerization a bonus
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting #removed#.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
- provided by Dice