Tilney Smith & Williamson's personal wealth management services include financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. For businesses, its range of services include assurance and accounting, business tax advice, employee benefits, forensic advice, fund administration, recovery and restructuring, as well as corporate finance and transaction services.
Assurance & Business Services (ABS)
We provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. Our portfolio of clients includes businesses with turnovers ranging from nil to £250 million. These include privately owned businesses in addition to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, AIM and PLUSMarkets.
Our Salisbury office has been established for over 25 years and has 14 partners/directors/associate directors and over 50 staff providing a unique blend of business and personal financial services including pensions and financial planning and advice on personal tax and trusts to a wide variety of sectors. From the Salisbury office, we provide a range of services to private clients (primarily in the agricultural & landed estates sectors) and small corporates (typically owner-managed or family-owned businesses). We offer a partner-led service delivered in a pragmatic and approachable way.
Whether you're looking to relocate or work from home, with our new smart working policy you can be based from your office space at home and/or at one of our office locations across the UK&I.
Purpose of Role:
Ensuring the accurate processing of clients' financial data and the preparation of annual financial accounts within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
- Prepare/review annual financial statements including statutory accounts, partnership accounts, sole trader accounts and trust accounts for tax purposes.
- Visit client premises to undertake on-site accounting needs as required.
- Dependant on experience - to manage a portfolio of clients, liaising directly with the client and the partner to deliver a seamless service
- Accuracy - to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
- Judgement - to be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available or effectively communicate with a manager where unsure.
- Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Client focussed - develop relationships and gain the confidence of clients. Ability to deal with client queries and emails on a timely basis and have the flexibility to work on-site at clients' premises.
- Use of IT - be able to work on bookkeeping packages, accounts production software and Excel.
- Teamwork - working with colleagues in the team.
- Flexibility - to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time
- Innovative - using technology to create efficiencies in processes.
- Technical knowledge - awareness of FRS102 and FRS 102 1a
- Strong academic history.
- Studying towards AAT/ACCA/ACA or fully qualified
- Prior experience of computerised accounting packages including cloud based so