Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
A newly created position for a mechanical engineering professional with a background within a manufacturing plant or heavy industrial environment.
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees working across 40 countries, combining local expertise and unmatched capabilities in R&D. We cover the entire value chain of aluminium, from raw material extraction to developing the sustainable aluminium solutions of the future.
Hydro Aluminium Deeside is based on the Wrexham Industrial Estate, producing up to 63,000 tonnes of high-quality extrusion ingots (billets) per year, recycling a mix of end of life scrap and process scrap. Although we are part of a globally successful organisation, the 45-person team based within the Wrexham site feel more like family than colleagues, and we understand our people are our number one asset.
The Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role
Supporting our Production & Maintenance Manager, you'll undertake a varied, hands on role, and will initially focus on a very important project, transforming the site from capacity of 63,000 tonnes a year to 80,000 tonnes. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Identifying areas for improvement and assessing the return on investments for improvements identified, or those forming the long-term plant plan
- Planning projects by managing costs, resources and timings to fit in with the plant's production requirements and schedule
- Managing the execution of projects with excellence in a safe and efficient way
- Reviewing projects to ensure the success measures are achieved
- Updating all plant systems to reflect changes made (PMs, spares, drawings etc)
- Occasionally travelling overseas when required for training and meetings
You should be prepared to be flexible and hands on with modifications and rectifications of all site equipment. There is also an expectation that you will develop in this role to fully understand all of the production equipment on site.
What will I need to be considered for this Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer vacancy?
- Proven experience as either a Process Engineer or Mechanical Engineer gained within a manufacturing plant or heavy industrial environment
- Project management experience
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
Although not essential, experience and knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Electrical engineering
- Advanced data analytics
- Power BI dashboards
- SAP for purchasing
What will I receive in return?
As a Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer, you will receive a salary in the region of £45,000 (potentially negotiable for applicants with significant experience to offer), plus fantastic benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising incrementally to a maximum of 28 days
- Contributory pension scheme, matching company contribution up to 10%
- Life insurance and private medical insurance
- Contribution towards eye tests, frames and fully paid for lenses
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 4:45pm.
Location: Wrexham Industrial Estate (North Wales)
All applications for this Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.