Company: GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Operate and maintain unwind/rewind of the press.
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Complies with all company and department safety, quality, productivity and security procedures.
• Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes production reports, specification verification, quality requirements, machine logbooks and checklists.
• Safely operates a forklift to move roll stock to press.
• Completes quality checks on rolls before mounting on press.
• Sets up and maintains auto splicing unit.
• Scans production order into SAP.
• Strips cores.
• Communicates all machine and department issues effectively to department manager and supervisors and presents data based solutions in keeping with Continuous Improvement Objectives.
• Removes empty cores and prepares for shipment.
• Makes roll size change adjustments.
• Performs other duties as assigned by department manager.
• Will assist in "breaking out" unwind, ink technicians.
• Troubleshoots web tension, web alignment and splicing issues.
• Understands and monitors the 5S system and takes full ownership of working environment.
• Assist when possible in keeping WIP materials to a minimum, by helping to stack in WIP materials as deemed necessary by situation or events.
• Assist Finishing Area as needed and when possible, to improve and optimize up-time, productivity, waste and quality.
• Assist when possible in keeping gluers running at optimum speeds, including stacking off product as deemed necessary by situation or events.
• Assists crew members with make-ready activities to include: change plates, dr. blades, ink etc.
• Completes preventative and routine maintenance on splicer unit to include: oiling, greasing and cleaning.
• Records preventative maintenance activities into SAP.
REM-03 WS-03 WS-LC Schedule
Shift start: 7:00AM or 7:00PM Benefits
Shift length: 12 hours
3-2-2-3 Schedule. Swap from days to nights every 28 days.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
Records preventative maintenance activities into SAP.
Assist crew members with make-ready activities to include: change plates, dr. blades, ink etc.
Troubleshoot web tension, web alignment and splicing issues. About Graphic Packaging International
Graphic Packaging International is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, they are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. They strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in their industry and in the communities where they operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. They are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make their company successful.