About D A Health Care Services
D A Health Care Services provides the highest quality home health care to home-bound patients within a home setting and focuses on the patient's optimal level of independence. Our home program meets the individual home care needs for each patient. We are committed to serving the community and providing a variety of quality health care services to patients. Our mission is to teach, guide and assist homebound patients in the privacy and comfort of their home for the enhancement of their lives.
RN Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
· Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
· Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
· Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
· Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
· Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
· Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
· Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
· Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient
· Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
RN Position Qualifications
· Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
· Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
· Maintains a current CPR certification.
· Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
· Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
· Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
· Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
· Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
· Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Role: Registered Nurse
Apply for this job now.