This is a full-time job with benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid days off and paid holidays
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups.We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant (CMA and MA-C). This position will be located in our clinic at the Catholic Action Center.
Under the direction of a Physician or mid-level provider, the primary responsibilities are to assist Physicians and Nurse Practitioners with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits and other tasks related to the visit consistent with his/her training and skills. The primary role is to assure efficient patient flow through the clinic; to maintain neat, clean and safe patient care areas and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs. This position performs clinical, laboratory and administrative support services of moderate complexity to organization’s clinical operations. If bi-lingual required, incumbent must be able to communicate effectively in a defined non-English language with staff and patients/clients as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assure efficient patient flow through clinic by complying with established workflows
· Perform clinical support functions that include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Greet patient in waiting room and escorts to exam room
o Take and record the patient’s temperature, pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, height and other measurements
o Perform vision, hearing and other screening tests
o Assist patients in undressing for examinations
o Prepare patient for examination and assist with exam as needed
o Chaperone providers
o Assist in lifting and positioning patients for examinations and treatments
o Administer treatments, injections and medications as directed by provider
o Counsel on safety, nutrition, development, and other according to protocol
· Document all patient encounters in the electronic medical record in an accurate and complete manner at the time of the patient visit
o Document all allergies, including medication and environmental allergies
o Document past medical, past surgical, social, and family histories, and updates these as needed
o Document reason for visit
o Review and update immunization records
o Review and update the medication list
o Complete risk assessments as needed
o Document vital signs and growth parameters
o Document any in-house lab tests completed
o Other documentation as needed
· Assure rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies
· Clean and prepare exam rooms appropriately per office protocol
· Respond to patient/provider needs to expedite visits and keep on schedule
· Assist patients through check-out process when visit is complete, including scheduling appointments
· Perform and document clinic laboratory services such as drawing and labeling laboratory specimens, conduct CLIA waived lab tests according to protocol, sterilize instruments, maintain lab logs; communicate with reference labs and other providers, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments that have low operator variability, and perform quality control procedures for select tests and instruments
· Perform phlebotomy services
· Process referrals generated by provider
· Perform designated tasks related to tracking test results
· Serve as a communication liaison between provider and patient with directives from provider
· Perform clinic administrative support services such as answer telephone, provide information, take messages, greet public, schedule appointments, make and maintain clinic appointments, internal and external; requisition, control and monitor inventory levels of supplies and materials, and maintain files and records
· Participate in Team Huddles
· Provide training as assigned for incoming Medical Assistants
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduation or GED and graduated from an accredited medical assistant program.
One years of full time medical assisting experience required. Up to three years of experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification from one of the following programs, that are accredited by The National Commission for Certifying Agencies, part of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (preferred )
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from American Medical Technologists
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from the National Healthcareer Association
Certification or registration from other programs will be considered on a case by case basis and will require the approval of the hiring supervisor, the Medical Director, and Human Resources Director.
Certification must be maintained, and training required for maintaining certification must be obtained.
Current CPR required and must be maintained throughout the duration of this position.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is designated as a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. The center provides Medical, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and Dental services for patients. There are 3 main clinic sites, 7 school-based clinic sites, a homeless clinic, and a Dental only clinic site. All sites are located in Lexington, Kentucky.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit #removed#
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Role: MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA AND MA-C), Bilingual
Apply for this job now.