OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
The outside sales representative will grow sales and increase company profits by cultivating current customers and recruiting new customers. The representative will increase profitability by promoting products, providing technical support and conducting training to new and repeat customers within an assigned territory.
· Participate with management in updating territory plan and set sales goals.
· Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation or periodical research.
· Prepare and conduct sales presentations of products to new and existing customers.
· Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
· Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
· Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell.
· Maintain and improve customer relationships and satisfaction.
· Learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism.
· Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to company’s requirements for customer and transaction profitability.
· Prepare and present quotations.
· Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
· Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts.
· Monitor customers’ current credit status and assist in collections when deemed necessary.
· Follow company policies and procedures.
· Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows, or reading trade journals.
· Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations.
· Maintain technical and computer capability to effectively use contact management, distribution and office software.
· Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors.
· Participate in trade association functions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrate success in meeting sales goals and growing sales.
· Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrate integrity and ethical standards.
· Experience monitoring marketplace to identify business opportunities.
· Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
· Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
· Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
· Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
· Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
· Able to read engineering drawings.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and distribution software.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· Education: High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
· Experience: Minimum 2 years in similar position (3 years preferred)
Minimum 2 years in progressive position (3 years preferred)
Product/applications experience required
For the past sixty years Bearing Distributors, Inc. and Bearing Distributors and Drives, Inc. have provided Bearings, Power Transmission components, Electric Motors, and Material Handling equipment to OEM and Industrial users across the United States. Offering 24/7 service, our technical expertise, and the quality manufacturers we represent combine to make us a true solutions provider.
Role: Outside Sales
Location: North Charleston,
Apply for this job now.