Brown & Brown of Florida—Fort Lauderdale is growing and seeking an exceptional individual with proven discipline, and commitment to join our team as Customer Service Representative for our Employee Benefits Division. Our clients are small to large employers and we offer them cost-effective benefit packages for their employees and dependents, that include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA's, FSA's, STD, LTD, and more. The Customer Service Representative will support business relationships with an assigned group of clients by providing customer service and follow up. This individual will work closely with Account Managers, Producers, Marketing Reps, and other Brown & Brown staff to service clients, and support the implementation and renewal of health and welfare programs.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by providing timely resolution and follow up of service issues that may arise including claims, billing, eligibility, enrollment, etc.; document all client inquiries and service issues
- Work under the direction of Account Managers to assist in the fulfillment of client needs
- Follow the renewal calendar and proactively manage timeline for renewal activity, presentation and plan implementation as set by company policy as well as vendor deadlins; this includes census requests
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with vendors as well as internal staff
- Produce open enrollment materials and benefit handouts
- Maintain account files and ensure that documents are placed into appropriate sections for Quality Control guidelines; complete the Quality Control checklist
- Coordinate open enrollment paperwork submission; verify paperwork and enrollment forms are submitted correctly, verify post enrollment selection and billing for accuracy
- Support clients in attaining compliance with governmental requirements by staying informed of new legislation and participating in available training
- Complete the Marketing checklist with the Account Manager
- As requested by the Account Manager, review policies, benefit summaries, SPD's, forms and rates for accuracy
- Assist the Account Manager, Marketing Rep, and Producer/Benefits Consultant in developing renewal proposals, including creating comparative spreadsheets and putting presentation binders together.
- Utilize Agency Management System as required by company policy
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Group Benefit Plans and health & welfare benefits
- Life & Health License (2-15), or able to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to write and verbally communicate in a professional manner
- Proficient in Excel and Word. Knowledge of PowerPoint a preferred.
- 1+ years' experience in agency, insurance carrier, or Human Resources field
- High School Degree Required. Bachelor's Degree preferred
- CEBS designation a plus
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefit packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401(k) plan with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance coverage in the areas of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association, and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility, and strength that allows ups to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment.
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it “a teammate,” of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders, such as the Accounting Leader, are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Role: Customer Service Representative - Employee Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.