JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £33000 - £37000/annum + Overtime
Multi Axis CNC Machinist - Milling Setter Operator required near Leicester - 12 hours shifts days and nights - 48 hours per week.
£14.78 per hour (inc shift allowance) + Overtime.
Aerospace manufacturer based near Leicester (part of multi-national group). They manufacture large components for aircraft structures. The company is currently enjoying substantial investment and business growth.
Candidates should have a good background in engineering, milling and setting experience, and have a flexible approach to their work.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor the Machinist is responsible for setting and operating a section of CNC machines, choosing the correct tooling, programme via set up sheets and maintaining production.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Experience of working a similar role minimum 2 years.
* Ability to set and operate CNC machining centre’s up to 5 axis.
* Experience of machines with FANUC controls.
* Producing parts for various industry sectors to close tolerances (microns.)
* Manufacture of components to supplied drawings. This will encompass setting and operating multi-axis computer numerically controlled machining centres.
* Wherever possible you will be required to set and operate more than one machine tool.
* Maintain programme and tooling records for all components produced.
* Ensuring the quality of the parts is correct using metrology equipment including Visi Gauge/Depth Mic/Vernier.
* Ensuring production output targets are achieved.
* Liaising with the management and production engineers to maximise the efficient running of the machine tools.
* Maintain a shift handover record with other shift based employees in the machine shop.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace maintaining 5S standards.
* To be aware of health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace.
* GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
* NVQ / Diploma / BTEC within engineering or equivalent.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the manufacturing team of this rapidly developing aerospace business.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service agreement.
Direct approaches to the client will not be accepted