Personal Touch Homecare and Hospice of Virginia is currently accepting resumes for a Full Time physical therapist to cover our Chesapeake territory. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedule, and benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician’s plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehabilitation.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with the patient, as well as instructing them to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Supervising physical therapy assistant, home health aides/personal care aides when such personnel are participating in patient’s rehabilitation regime.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
JOB DESCRIPTION Physical Therapist
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education for nursing personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed to practice a physical therapist within the State
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by The American Physical Therapy Association, or The Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association or The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- Prefer two (2) years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Home health experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Home Health Experience: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Job Type: Full-time
Personal Touch Home Care & Hospice is a part of a larger corporate entity that has been an established national healthcare provider since 1974. Personal Touch offices are spread across the East coast and Midwest region totaling 35 offices in 9 different states. At Personal Touch, we strive to serve our communities to the best of our abilities by implementing the latest technologies and adhering to the best business practices.
The first word in Personal-Touch is the one we will never forget...
We are dedicated to the provision of individualized, comprehensive quality patient and family centered care in the patients place of residence.
We are dedicated to the belief that each prson is a unique individual and, therefore, we need to be sensitive to his/her social, emotional, intellectual, safety and physical needs.
We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life throughout the life cycle by promoting and restoring health, alleviating suffering and caring for the sick and dying in a manner that insures dignity and respect for each person.
We are dedicated to hiring experienced and competent professionals who follow the highest standards of excellence to establish an individualized plan of care offering personal choices and decisions, respecting each individuals rights and needs for self-determination.
We are dedicated to providing a level of care that encourages the safe and cost-effective delivery of home care services, maximizing patient autonomy and coordination of community and agency resources, and alleviating unnecessary duplication of services, thereby promoting positive patient outcomes.
Role: Physical Therapist (Full-Time)
Apply for this job now.