JVIS USA LLC
Job Title: Corporate APQP Quality Engineer
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
SUMMARY: The APQP Engineer will lead the APQP practice, ensuring the implementation within New Product Development and Operations. Working with interior components from development through manufacturing. Required to facilitate the creation/development of DFMEA’s, PFMEAs and Process Control Plans (PCP) for parts, sub-assemblies, sub-systems and final assemblies. Reports directly to the Vice President of Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Serve as the PQP expert coaching, mentoring, teaching and working with Program Management, Engineering, and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
· Attend APQP process/deliverable training as necessary.
· Facilitate the creation of DFMEA.
· Facilitate the proper identification of critical characteristics.
· Effective DFMEA’s & linkage to PFMEA’s and PCP’s.
· Modification and/or authorizing of existing/various work instructions and standard work development as needed.
· Lead/Coach teams/suppliers in the development of system/sub-module/part APQP deliverables.
· Conduct APQP Training required.
· Act as an APQP expert and change agent, facilitating smooth and orderly transition from product development into manufacturing quality operations.
· Liaison to the plants with manufacturing handoff of new products.
· Assist with the implementation of quality improvements using advanced quality tools specified in APQP process.
· Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
· Maintain compliance of TS 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
· Travel as required.
Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or other equivalent fields highly desired but not required. 5 years in an APQP / Quality Engineer position or equivalent role. Knowledge of core tools within the AIAG manuals. Able to use and instruct others in the use of APQP. Must be able to make effective presentations to large and small groups including external customers. Must be able to communicate with associates globally at all levels of the organization and in all functional areas. Critical thinking and process minded to see the big picture and drive the teams in analysis and solutions is a must. Strong MS Office skills are required. CQE Certification and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
JVIS offers the highest-quality vehicle components to some of the largest names in the automotive industry, as well as an ever-growing list of consumer products. Whether it's chrome, press metal or precision plastics, our superior global supply management ensures you get what you need, when you need it...as quickly and as cost effectively as possible. And we do it with a level of commitment and expertise that is simply unmatched by anyone, anywhere.
Role: Corporate APQP Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.