New opportunity for a Tool & Die Engineer with a global tier one automotive supplier! Promote from within philosophy along with competitive pay & benefits.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- Six (6) or more years of hands on manufacturing experience.
- Background in engineering and die builds, metal stamping and/or assembly background.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and correcting work flow problems.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team in effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying and teaching lean manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of standard quality practices.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Proven leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- CAD experience (UG, Catia, AutoCad Desktop etc).
- Ability to visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment and tooling, understand the relationships of factors affecting a given situation, be attentive to detail, and continually seek to improve work processes.
- Knowledge of automated processes including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and control systems and how they interact with each other.
- Working knowledge of: continuous improvement, project management, facility engineering, process engineering, product engineering, equipment technology/capabilities, plant capacity and general problem solving.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Program Launch team in conducting new tool tryouts and other activities as scheduled.
- Stabilize the process by determining root cause of process issues and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Recommend incorporation of new technology where feasible and practical. Assure that all products quoted and/or released to the plant are feasible and that the quoted rate, crew sizes, and plant performance metrics are achievable.
- Guides the design, development and testing of new tooling and die equipment, methods, materials, processes or results.
- Troubleshoot and communicate tooling concerns to the Tool & Die supervisors and manager
- Interface with customers, contractors and die build shops as appropriate.
- Determine and document proper processing parameters and assist in auditing of the same.
- Determine priorities and implement cost reduction projects; maintain detailed documentation as required.
- Lead training activities for assembly and die leaders for assembly and die principles and practices.
- Communicate material concerns to the Materials department (ex. circle grid, material certification)
- Support process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant.
- Maintain PFMEA for respective processes and maintain process flow diagrams.
- Champion assigned engineering changes and communicate/coordinate with all departments.
- Assist with the quoting process.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers and other cross-function team members.
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by the work team.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Role: Tooling Engineer
Apply for this job now.