Company: SOUTH-SIDE! HOSPITALITY RESTAURANT GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE A UTILITY PLAYER THAT ACTS AS HEAD COOK AND SOUS CHEF.
Cedars is one of Chicago's leading middle eastern restaurants in Chicago. We're a family run business that's been going for 28 years strong!
We are unique. We are creative. We are determined! Our executive chef, Amado Lopez, curated a wonderful menu inspired by "mideast meets midwest." Our owner, and Chief "Experience" Officer, Amer Abdullah, creates an authentic social experience for guests and makes Cedars super approachable.
Sous Chef position for a reliable individual looking to expand their culinary skills and grow with us. The Sous Chef will enhance and control food and labor cost, food preparation, and menu development. The Sous Chef will report to the owner. NOTE: This role will additionally require you to work the line as head cook.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Successful culinary production operation under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Opportunity to serve as the kitchen head for culinary operations in the absences of Executive Chef or owner
- Working the line as head cook and directing/managing line cooks
- Staying up to date on dining trends and new techniques
- Manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and demanding environment while maintaining the highest standard of professionalism
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours as business needs require
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
- 3+ years of industry and culinary experience in a similar role
- Ability to efficiently identify issues and problem solve
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness and results
- An effective communicator with a positive attitude and a team player mentality
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize
Benefits and Perks
Food & Beverage allowance
Food and Beverage Discount
Powered by JazzHR