***Position is located in Cookeville, TN! Relocation offered!***
Controls Design Engineer
A Controls Design Engineer creates electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyzes prints, troubleshoots and debugs electrical and pneumatic designs, determines material and component specifications, and writes programming to operate machinery at a high level of proficiency.
This is a mid-senior level position, capable of designing and troubleshooting complex electrical functions while working independently. This position reports to the team business unit manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Create pneumatic and electrical prints.
· Read and analyze electrical and pneumatic prints.
· Verify conformance of components to customer specifications.
· Create bill of materials.
· Perform test and de-bug activities.
· Develop complex programs to operate devices and machines.
· Use voltmeters, ammeters and oscilloscopes.
· Understand proper wiring methods.
· Have excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in software to design ladder logic and machine controls. May also possess advanced programming skills in data base development and machine control.
· Communicate with customers to determine machine performance criteria.
· Have a thorough understanding electrical and pneumatic devices.
· Have disposition authority on rejects and rework.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· High School and Vocational Technical School with 5+ years of experience as a controls technician.
· Associates degree in electrical engineering technology and 2+ years as a controls technician.
· Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Advanced degree highly desirable.
· 4 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
· Work in standing position continuously.
· Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor.
· Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
· VISUAL ACUITY: Near acuity with or without accommodation.
· HEARING Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose.
The Controls Designer is occasionally subjected to:
· High noise levels from operation machines.
· Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
· Breathing fumes, dust and mist.
· Skin exposure to oil and fluids.
MISCELLANEOUS JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Communication skills in a team environment.
· Travel to customer or supplier locations as necessary.
Works under the direction of the Business Unit Manager
A little more about ATC Automation:
Nestled here in Small Town, USA- AKA Cookeville, TN- ATC Automation ( A TASI Group company) is anything but small without losing the small business, family-oriented culture we have worked so hard to create. We have big things going on within our 3 building (and growing) campus: from 7 "Design and Build" teams churning out quality projects, an incredible in-house Shop Team, to an awesome group of sales, concept and quoting, and service team members to the best Admin/ HR/ Recruiting team keeping these everyone in line! We take pride in the quality of work we produce which means we MUST take pride in the quality of candidates we choose to hire. If you love making something from nothing, playing "grown up" Legos, and seeing a bunch of metal come to life because of YOUR work and ideas- let's talk! We are growing and now is the time to get in on this expansion! We offer a wonderful work atmosphere, complete benefits, opportunities to see a wide variety of equipment and products that most Engineers and Industrial Maintenance pros wait their entire careers to work with. We are actively searching to add several new teammates to the roster! We offer an incredible opportunity to Machine and Controls Design Engineers, Field Service (Controls) Engineers, Concepts and Quoting ( Automation Applications) Engineers, Machine Builders ( Industrial Mechanics), Electricians, Toolmakers and CNC Machinists looking to be a part of something more than themselves. We offer a strong team-based opportunity working with state-of-the-art products, companies, and equipment out there. Both Cookeville, TN and ATC Automation offer a warm, family oriented work/ life environment you will be sure to love!
Job Type: Full-time
For more than three decades, ATC Automation ( A TASI Group company) has provided highly engineered solutions and systems for a variety of industries. So, you might say we're just like everyone else. But we're different.
ATC Automation's team structure and function separates us from other automation companies. While most companies also talk about a team environment, ours takes the concept to the next level. Instead of pulling team members from a "pool" for each project, our teams stay together. The one exception is that the customer becomes part of the team. This creates synergy throughout the team, complimenting each other's strengths.
While their talents and skills may differ, their focus remains the same: providing an automation solution that meets or exceeds all expectations. And our customers play vital roles in our teams as well, giving each team a unique sense of unity and cohesiveness that can't be found anywhere else. In fact, our teams function like an extension of our customer's company, giving them their very own design/build division.
Three decades of experience
More than 250 employees
134,000 square-foot facility located in Cookeville, Tenn.
A TASI Group company
ISO 9001:2008 registered
24/7 service availability
Solid Works, CAD
Custom and Build-to-Print
On-site installation support, training, operation manuals and customer service
100% Cross-functional team based
Role: Controls Designer-Automation
Apply for this job now.