We are seeking a Construction Project Engineer (Commercial) to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
Commercial General Contractor based in San Dimas is seeking a Construction Project Engineer who has a strong sense of responsibility and accountability. We have over 40 years experience in the public and private sectors with a niche in Observatory construction. We have a great work environment with room for growth. Come join a team of creative people.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) (after probationary period)
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to Work on Fun and Exciting Projects
- Friendly and Supportive Staff and Management Team
- Advancement Opportunities for Career-Minded Professionals
Only candidates with Construction Experience will be considered
- Oversee all aspects of mobilization to demobilization.
- Process, submit, and track all RFI's from subcontractors.
- Request, submit and track all submittals from subcontractors for compliance.
- Request, submit and track all shop drawings from subcontractors for compliance.
- Update the Project Schedule and distribute to subcontractors and team.
- Request pricing from suppliers for extra work.
- Enter PO's into our accounting system.
- Assist with 3-week look-ahead.
- OAC meeting minutes and follow-up until issues are complete.
- Request, Submit and track all close-out docs from subcontractors
- Assist the Project Manager as needed.
- 4 years experience working as a PE for a General Contractor in the commercial industry.
- Typing of 45 WPM.
- Well versed in reading and interpreting construction plans and specs.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented individual with time management skills.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in providing support to multiple parties simultaneously.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinker, and has a desire to continually tackle new challenges.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Worked as a Project Engineer for a Commercial General Contractor in the commercial industry
- Experience with Public Work construction terminology and paperwork
- Through understanding of Construction Means and Methods
Please send your resume with a list of completed projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer. This position is available for immediate employment for the right candidate.
Top 8 Qualified Candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
Sea West Enterprises has been in business since 1977 and continues to be successful in a wide variety of construction specialties, including scientific project development. Our commitment to your vision and our attention to detail are qualities rarely found in the construction industry today. We are a State of California Corporation, we are fully bonded and insured and hold both A & B licenses.
Sea West assists in all aspects of the project, from initial permitting though construction, from conceptual plans to turn-key completion. Our main concern is to cater to our customers specific project needs. At Sea West, we understand the complexities of project development and offer our services and expertise under a variety of formats and levels including:
- Construction Services
- Construction Project Coordination
- Prime Contracting
- Design/Build Team Member
- Value Constructability Review
Competitive pricing, with a streamlined, efficient company structure: Sea West has the ability to provide a quality product at an extremely competitive price. In addition to our one-on-one approach, Sea West has a reputation for completing projects within budget and on schedule. No matter what the challenge, our team of exceptional employees work hard to meet all goals.
Role: Construction Project Engineer (Commercial)
Location: San Dimas,
Apply for this job now.