To be considered for this position, candidates must apply directly at: #&s=Zip_Recruiter
Award winning publications. Award winning people!
The Wisconsin State Journal is seeking a part-time Sports Reporter Assistant. If you're a team player and interested in a career in sports reporting, this is the position for you!
- In this position you will take scores, statistics and highlights over the phone, fax and email on high school, college and recreational sports.
- Web-based data entry is a big part of the job; typing, grammar and spelling skills are vital.
- Familiarity with our newspaper’s Scoreboard page is a major plus, as the new hire will take over backup duties putting together that page.
- A passion for sports and knowledge of the terminology is a requirement.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Applicants with a valid driver's license, a good driving record and their own personal vehicle are preferred.
Capital Newspapers offers:
- A strong team environment, growth opportunities, and occasional writing opportunities
- Sports Assistants gain experience using Adobe InCopy, TownNews CMS, Twitter, the Microsoft Office suite and other practical newspaper and internet applications
- Competitive compensation
- Self-service cafeteria
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.
Award winning publications. Award winning people.
Capital Newspapers is the premier provider of news and information in southern Wisconsin. We are based in Madison, Wisconsin and are owned equally by Lee Enterprises, parent company of the Wisconsin State Journal, and The Capital Times Company. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to our responsibility of providing accurate, and high-quality news and information to our community.
The Capital Newpspers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.
Capital Newspapers publishes more than 30 newspapers, shoppers, specialty publications and Web sites blanketing a 17-county market area that is home to more than one million people in South Central Wisconsin. Additionally, Capital Newspapers offers the Wingra Community Press for commercial printing that responds to the needs of publishers, businesses, and universities' for quality printed materials.
Join our team and help make Wisconsin’s voice stronger!
Role: Sports Reporter Assistant
Apply for this job now.