Develops and enhances Stone Brewing's relationships with a specific base of national accounts. Produces and implements proactive action plans to increase brand awareness and distribution within those accounts. Work closely with distributor personnel or regional Team Stone Sales to prepare and execute strategies for increased distribution, sales and growth in these accounts.
This is a remote position. The ideal candidate for this role will be based in thePhoenix, Austin, Houston, or Dallas areas with strongnational/key account management experience within the beer industry, preferablywith accounts such as HEB, Sprouts, Safeway, Albertson's, and/or Publix. Travel will be expected when needed to call on accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Grow national accounts' sales using strategies that build long term mutually beneficial growth
- Expand customer base
- Increase placements
- Drive training programs for internal and external staffs
- Develop market knowledge
- Maintain management control system for planning, directing and organizing sales and marketing activities within assigned accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor a plan to ensure fiscal budget adherence
- Maintain, monitor and demonstrate competency regarding trade pricing and marketing programs in off premise
- Influence effective wholesale and retail pricing
- Work with distributors and Stone brewery reps to establish and manage goals
- Utilize data comprehension software/analytics such as IRI/Nielsen/VIP to seek out new growth opportunities.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
May carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
- Experience: At least 5 years of related experience and/or training utilizing strong customer service sales skills within the beer industry to national accounts; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with and knowledge of data comprehension such as IRI, Armadillo, VIP Analysis, communication, presentation, training and education is highly preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Suite. Working knowledge of VIP iDig, Tableau Reader, eoStar or other integrated management system, preferred. Competency with Virtual Meeting platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom is a plus.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Cicerone Beer Server or higher a plus.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: Must have reliable transportation as this role requires frequent travel to other Stone locations and accounts. Air & overnight travel is not uncommon when meeting in person with account call points and wholesalers.
- Home Office Requirements: Most of the role of Key Account Manager is done from employee's home. Employee must be able to effectively work from home and have access to internet connectivity that is sufficient for virtual meetings and large downloads.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Most work will occur from employee's home. During market visits, employee will be visiting wholesalers' warehouses, retail accounts, and corporate/regional headquarters.
- Adheres to company core values.
- Must be an excellent role model, beer diplomat, and representative of Stone Brewing
- Excellent attendance
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Supports and contributes to Stone's business model, structure, and goals applicable to role.
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency to be highly productive in our fast-paced environment.
- Effectively uses time to prioritize workload.
- Must be a self-starter and able to stay accountable to goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.