COMPANY: BEDFORD COLLEGE GROUP
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £31000 - £31000 Per Year per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering and Bedford campuses for a Course Manager in Social Sciences & Teacher Education to become a key member of our Access to Higher Education department.
As a Course Manager in Social Sciences & Teacher Education, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of further and higher education courses within the Access to Higher Education & Teacher Education department, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
- Ensuring that schemes of work for all elements of the course are fully completed and stored on the intranet
Our ideal candidates will have experience of raising student retention and achievement rates and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Social Sciences, Psychology or closely related subjects
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
45 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
Role: Course Manager in Social Sciences & Teacher Education
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.