About the Role
Akili Interactive is looking for a Data Engineer to join our development teams in Boston, MA or Larkspur, CA (just north of San Francisco). You will help develop the data infrastructure that supports our Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Data Integration initiatives, and you will be an integral part of the broader effort to launch of our digital therapeutic products that combine rigorous scientific validation with engaging video game mechanics.
Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in technical discussions with other engineers, architects, partners and colleagues to discuss application and platform solutions
- Serve as a hands on software engineer using the language and tools best suited to solve the problem
- Establish expertise in our existing data infrastructure
- Develop data storage and pipeline infrastructure to support Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Data Integrations
- Be hands-on with cloud deployments, load balancing, CI/CD, provisioning and security of the production and staging environments
- Ship clean well crafted code
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer
- Hands on experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) SDKs - such as SQS, S3, SNS, RDS, Lambda
- Strong understanding of Scala, or expertise in Java with a desire to learn Scala
- Strong understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a containerized infrastructure deployed in the cloud
- Avid user of open source projects and enjoy constant learning
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems
- Able to focus on a problem to completion with a strong attention to detail
Great if you also have
- Experience as a backend software engineer developing services and APIs
- HIPAA experience
- Continuous Integration and Development
- Agile Development
- Written technical documentation samples, or links to open source projects (github projects or documentation you have written), that you are able to share
Akili Interactive (#removed#) is creating an entirely new class of medicine that combines rigorous scientific validation with engaging video game mechanics.
We are pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, creating, producing, and validating digital medicines designed to directly treat disease. Akili's flagship product, Project: EVO, is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline "Game Changer".
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to have measurable health impacts in multiple patient populations. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge.
Role: Data Engineer
Apply for this job now.