Company: XCEL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Our client, a freight forwarder is looking for a Trainee Ocean Freight Coordinator to join their office in Basildon.
Job duties & Responsibilities Trainee Ocean Freight Coordinator
- Communication with Clients, shipping lines and overseas offices/agents
- Handling Sea Freight consignments for both Imports & Exports
- High volumes of data entry on in-house IT systems
- Arranging FCL/LCL loading plans/manifests/bookings & customs processes
- Raising & passing of invoices
- Dealing with cargo related warehouse queries
Skills & Qualifications
- High level attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must be a team player
- Have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
- 20 days annual leave + (8) Public holidays
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months’ service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.